Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Brunch 6/30/2013

MY SPECIAL GUEST FOR TODAY'S 
SUNDAY BRUNCH IS AUTHOR INDIGO SIN!
First and foremost, it is a pleasure to have you here.  Welcome to Harper’s Sunday Brunch Spotlight!


So, can you tell us what makes Indigo Sin tick?  What got you started on the path to becoming an author? 
 Well, it happened by accident, sort of.  I started writing for fun in a few groups on facebook, and after a while, I discovered that I really enjoyed it a lot.  It was a talent that I never knew I possessed to be honest.  After a few friends told me that I should really try to write something to be published, I figured I’d give it a shot.  I wrote my first short story, Tennessee Heat, and much to my surprise, it was picked up by Horny Devil Publishing.  I never in a million years imagined I’d be where I am today, but I wouldn’t change it for the world!

What are you currently working on?  Would you care to share a snippet? 
 Right now I’m in between books, but most recently I finished up with book two of the Crimson Heat Series, the collaboration that I’m working on with TL Reeve.  Legal Dom is the story of Rune and Eliza, and it’s hot, hot, hot!  
 
Here’s a short snippet: As he worked to free his sub from her restraints, Eliza bit her lip, letting her eyes travel over his delicious form. His arms rippled with his movements, the muscles bulging enticingly under his dark skin as she watched.  Suppressing a shiver, she took in the sight of his broad back, savoring every hard line all the way to his lean hips.  Normally he wore a wife beater when he worked, but tonight he had treated them with a rare glimpse of his nearly naked form when he peeled the sweat soaked garment from his rich chocolate colored flesh mid show.  The overalls hugged low on his hips, the arms tied around his waist the only thing keeping them up.  As always, he wore the ball cap, pulled down to mask his face in darkness.  The only visible feature was a neatly trimmed goatee that surrounded the most luscious lips Eliza had ever had the pleasure of gazing at…

Do you include some of your own personal experiences in your books or do you prefer to use your imagination? 
Hmm wouldn’t you like to know… lol.  Actually, yes there’s a little bit of my personal experiences that goes into my books.  Write what you know, right? But not everything.  Most of it is just conjured up in my twisted little mind.

Why Erotic Romance?  What made you choose this genre over others?   
Umm…I seem to have a knack for writing hot sex, but I do plan to branch out with my writing someday, delving into longer books and different genres.

Do you have a specific process or a ritual you go through when sitting down to write?
I absolutely HAVE to have music when I write.  The earbuds go in, music turns on, and I’m ready to go.  It helps block out the noise, it helps me concentrate, and it gives me inspiration.  I have different play lists for different writing styles as well.  Sometimes when you’re stuck on a scene, it just takes finding the right song to trigger just what you need.

Where do you find your inspiration for your plots?  Do you have any tricks of the trade you would care to share?  
 I don’t have any tricks or anything.  Usually they just come to me randomly, other times I get an idea while looking at photos.  It just depends.  I never know when inspiration will strike!  It helps having someone to bounce ideas off of too.  Sometimes a second brain helps perfect a scene you’ve been struggling with.

What is the oddest place/situation where an idea for a book/plot has come to you?
Hmm, probably an appliance store.  I was perusing washers and dryers when the scene came to me for the first Horny Housekeeper’s book, Sex With the Boss’ Son.  If you don’t know what I’m talking about…you should check it out, just saying.

What makes a book stand out and perk your interest?   
The absolute first thing that grabs my attention is the cover.  If a book has a hot shirtless man that makes me drool, or is just stunning in its presentation, it’s in my cart, no questions asked.  Second, the blurb.  If it sounds interesting, and tells me just enough, without giving the whole story away…I’m buying it.

We all have our favorite authors.  Can you share some of yours and tell us why you like them? 
My idol is Lori Foster.  Her books grab me from the beginning, and the story never disappoints.  I also really enjoy Jill Shalvis, she’s is one funny lady.  To name a few more: JR Ward, Lora Leigh, Toni Blake, and Jayne Ann Krentz.

We all have a pet peeve, care to share yours?  
Liars first and foremost, and also, people who enjoy deliberately being nasty to hurt others.  It’s just petty and unnecessary.  It takes way too much energy to be negative.  I can think of much better ways to spend my time.

When you’re not writing, what are the things you enjoy doing to relax?   
I enjoy time with my family, watching movies, and reading when I have time.  I may get lost in Pinterest from time to time as well.  It’s my new guilty pleasure.

Thank you so much for joining me here today, Indigo.  I know my followers will enjoy this spotlight as much as I have conducting it.  Good luck on all your future endeavors.   
Thank you so much for having me! I had a blast! :)

Places Where You Can Find Indigo Online


Indigo's Latest Release

Heartbreak drives Hadley to move on and forget the man who destroyed her hopes of love, no matter how much it hurts.
Colton will do anything to gain her forgiveness, if only he can convince her to believe his side.
With their future teetering perilously on the edge of disaster, can they redeem what they had before it’s too late?

Purchase Links for Redeemed





































 

No comments:

Post a Comment